The process of painting has, for me, always been a response to the life I am living, to the rhythms of the natural world and to the physical environment around me.
My painting reflects the journey from my student days in London through marriage and motherhood to a move to the Worcestershire countryside, where I currently live and work. My location provides easy access to the landscapes and animals I portray, whilst regular overseas travel continues to open exciting new topics to explore. I am also inspired by major life events and the passing of the seasons.
I love the craftmanship of painting and see the integrity of the marks and techniques I use as being fundamental to my practice. There must be an interaction, a spark, something which grabs my interest within the subject matter I choose and my aim is to capture and represent my personal response.
Commissions are welcome.
- 1972-74 Foundation Course Farnham, College of Art and Design, Farnham, Surrey
- 1974-77 BA Hons Fine Art, Hornsey College of Art, London
- 1977-80 Post Graduate Fine Art, Royal Academy of Art, Piccadilly, London
- 1980-81 ATC (Art Teachers Certificate), Goldsmiths College, London
- 1981-86 Head of Art, Northwood College, Middlesex
- 1987 moved from London to Worcestershire
- 1984-86-89 Birth of children
- 1991 Martley Art Group began
- 2006 Teaching Abberley Hall School Worcestershire